What we do in North America
Air New Zealand has around 100 people based in the USA and four in Canada. They work in cargo, engineering, airport operations and in our sales and marketing department – delivering Air New Zealand’s services with our special brand of Kiwi ‘can do’ attitude across the region.
Why our people love working here
There are lots of opportunities working for us in this part of the world. Take a look at the benefits our Air New Zealanders enjoy.
You’ll always be challenged
“I have had the opportunity to work on a number of varied project management roles that have included working on the construction of the Los Angeles Premier Lounge, moving sales offices in Japan and coordinating film premiers of New Zealand movies.”
Someone always has your back
"In my department, we work as a true team and make sure we are all cross trained, allowing opportunities to learn each other's roles and provide back-up when needed."
Great development opportunities
“I have been fortunate to be able to attend programs such as Leadership College and Realise Your Potential."
"Air New Zealand is very unique in that it gives employees the latitude to make their own decisions, we are not a company that micro manages. A degree of self-reliance and confidence to make that decision and be able to back it up is essential."
"Working in an offshore region is an accelerated education of the airline business. Having a smaller staff number means it is possible to get exposure to opportunities that perhaps would take many years in a larger head office environment. It's easy to interact and work with colleagues across departments."
We listen to your ideas
"The region's management team is always very accessible and open to input and trying out new ideas to improve our business performance and customer service and to make our region an even better place to work."
It’s fun and rewarding
"It's like having your own business, you have enough empowerment to make decisions that impact results. It’s a place that promotes fun with productivity and the opportunity to learn with our in-house training program Up-skill."
What you need to succeed
Here are some tips from our team that could help you land your dream job with Air New Zealand in North America.
- “Working in any regional office with a head office a significant distance away can be a challenging environment and having that ability to convey your plans, goals and requirements clearly over distance is essential.”
- “Be a team player who is willing to roll up your sleeves to help in areas that can be quite divorced from your job description.”
- “A willingness to learn and share knowledge, ability to adapt to the changing business environment and be prepared to take on new responsibilities.”
- “Outgoing and friendly with a sense of self and the ability to adapt to change.”
- ”Don’t take yourself too seriously and have a sense of humour!"
How you can join us
To become part of the Air New Zealand North America team you will need to meet our job requirements and have the legal right to work in the United States or Canada.